Monday, March 17, 2008

Today is the Day

I wrote this while still in Guatemala, but never posted it. I think I got distracted, sorry. It's just some of what I was feeling in the wee hours before everyone else woke up that last morning, and yes, I was feeling a lot better by then. Not sure what happened, but it was an up and down night to the toilet, if you know what I mean!

It is the day we will bring our new family of four home. It is the day Ana will become an American citizen. It is the day that officially ends the process of brining Ana home! I'm sitting here this morning in the dark and am still in complete disbelief that we are here. I have watched so many other journeys come to completion, and have daydreamed about our time as I scrolled through their pictures and words. I still feel like I'm dreaming, would some body pinch me please? There are just no words to describe the feelings I have right now, but I'll try. I am in awe of this little miracle that is now a part of our family, how did I get so lucky as to call her my daughter? I cannot wait to bring her home and introduce her to her family, show her around her new home, and to begin our life as a family of four! There is some sadness though. I can't help but think about Ana's birth family. Do they even know that today is the day she will leave their country? Michelle and I were talking last night and we were thinking that this time in Ana's life will be one that she will wonder about forever. She will have our pictures and my words to read, and I hope she will know how loved and anticipated she was. I have bits and pieces of Ana's story before she became part of our family, but there are gigantic holes that I cannot fill for her. I do have our attorneys e-mail and I intend to send pictures and updates as she has promised to share with the birth family if they ever want to see them. I also hope she will be able to get pictures of them for us, I would like to have them for Ana's life book.

2 comments:

beanhead said...

Not much to be said. Your words are beautiful and no one but you can understand what you have been through. I know how special it has been for me to beable to read this blog about the journey, and I am sure that when the time comes Ana will love it also. Your words are so decrptive that your feelings come through. She will feel all of the love and anticipation that was there.

Nannie and Papa said...

What a beautiful journey and put so eliquently.

Love, Mum