Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day Two






Today was a great day! Ana woke up this morning smiling! Ian went to her crib side after hearing her stirring and she was full of smiles for him. I let him feed her while she was still laying down in bed because I was unsure if picking her up immediately would stress her out. I let him finish feeding her while he held her, and he was so cute about it! He is doing very well, he is definitely having his moments but overall, he's been great! Ana absolutely adores him too. Her eyes follow him around the room and she smiles when he talks to her. I love it! She was a totally different baby today. Yesterday, she did a lot of arching of her back, just not wanting to be held, but today, she actually would snuggle into you. She really enjoys studying your face with her fingers. She's so dainty about how she uses her hands, when she is falling asleep she ever so softly strokes her blankie with the tips of her fingers, it is so sweet! We haven't heard a lot of vocalization today, but she did give us a giggle when we tickled her! We spent a while at the pool today, and even had our lunch there pool side. Ana went into the water for the first time and she seemed to really enjoy it! Ian has always loved the pool, but unfortunately he got his very first sunburn today, I am so upset! We apparently didn't get the sunscreen applied early enough. I in fact am the only one not sporting red skin today, (well of course besides Ana!). Michelle took Ian to the gym today, he got to use the treadmill and the elliptical machine, he had so much fun! He's been getting a lot of attention in the hotel. Everyone comments on how "guapo" (handsome) he is! He's been saying "Hola Amigo" to everyone who passes and follows it with "Adios Amigo". People are getting a big kick out of him, I have to say it's pretty darn cute! Tonight we went to dinner at one of the hotel restaurants with some people we met who are also here on their pick up trip. We ordered our meal, and Ana started to get fussy. We got up and walked her four or five times before we realized that it just wasn't going to work. We had to excuse ourselves and get our dinner packed up to come upstairs. There was just too much going on in the restaurant (the tv was extremely loud, and there were lots of people)! So we came upstairs, had a bottle, her first poopy diaper (I was getting worried we hadn't seen one yet!), and a bath and then went to bed. She goes to sleep amazingly well, we just lay her down with her blanket and she falls asleep all by herself! Anyways, tomorrow will start really early for us as we have our Visa appointment at the Embassy! We have to get up at 5:00, and meet our ride in the lobby at 6:30. We were told we should be back by around 11:00. After that, we will be picked up by our attorney or her husband and we will be taking a ride over to the hogar that Ana has spent the last 8 months in. We'll get to see where she has lived, and meet the people that have taken care of her. I'm really happy we will be able to have this experience. Be sending good vibes Michelle's way tomorrow, as she will have a long day with Ian and we have just been informed that the pool is closed from 10:00 on tomorrow, poor Michelle. Okay, guess I better get to bed. I am yet again the last one standing, every one else was asleep at about 8:30 tonight, they made it a little longer!

10 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Cammie it is amazing how things can change after a good night's sleep! I am send lots of good thought, energy and love your way as you work through the final phase with the embassy.......I can't wait to have you all home again :-)

PS I hope Michelle's alone time with Ian goes smoothly.....LOL...he loves her sooooo much!

Love Mimi

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael and Michelle said...

So good to hear. I think it's wonderful that Ana has Ian to focus on. Little kids LOVE to watch big kids...and Ian is definitely a big kid worth watching. He's so animated, fun and on-the-go, that she's throughly entertained...who isn't???:)

beanhead said...

Mimi is right, the first comment is full of VIRUSES. It really messed with my computer.

I am so glad that yesterday was a good day. You all deserved one. Thinking and praying for you today with your appointments. Thinking and praying for you Michele. I know you will have a great time. Squeezes and hugs and kisses to you all. I love seeing Ian take care of his sister. I just love to be able to say the words KIDS, SISTER, and DAUGHTER when talking about you guys. Lots of love.

Debbie said...

Glad to hear that she's getting better with each passing day. Love the pictures of "brotherly love."

Nannie and Papa said...

Absolutley b e a u t i f u l l !!!
Ana you are Papa's Little Princess and I can't wait to get you finally HOME!!

Ian you're going to be one proud Big Brother to Sister Ana (Oh that sounds soooo good !!) and Papa is so proud of the way you're taking care of her! Good job Buddy!

Good luck today guys at the Embassy and Ian have a great time with Aunty as I'm sure you will.
You'll sleep good tonight Shell!!!

Love you guys,
Papa

Nancy said...

Glad to hear that the trip is going well. The first day is hard on anyone in a new place. It is great to see her with Ian and the smile he has as he holds her. She is just beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her in person. Good luck to Michelle today!! I am sure she will be fine she is a great Auntie!! Talk to you all soon.

Love, Nancy

Nannie and Papa said...

That picture of Ana reaching for Ian is absolutley precious. He should be sooooo proud of himself. now it is precious Ian and Ana.

Good luck at the embasseya adn at Hogar. Can't wait to hear.

Love, Mum

Sharon said...

When I was in Venezuela I spent one afternoon at the beach with sunscreen and I gotta tell ya that I got one of the absolute WORST sunburns in my life. Poor burned Ian Greg and Michelle-I hope you all feel better. I know how awful those burns can be. I think the sun is stronger the closer you get to the Equator.

Ana is absolutely charming and it sounds like she is doing very well, which is thrilling. Ian and Ana will be great together. Lucky Ana ghas such a cool big brother to show her the ropes in her new home!

Love to you all and kissies and belly raspberries to Ian and Ana!

Sharon

Parent Coordinator said...

I love the pictures of Ian with his new sister. Great memories! I hope your Embassy appointment and Hogar visit went well :)