Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Unofficially OUT!!

I spent the past few days completely, totally glued to my computer. I think my computer is just about to tell me the "refresh" key is broken. Last week, I was very anxious about what was going to happen being the first few days after the first of the year. Then yesterday and today I was anxiously awaiting information regarding the JCICS statement about PGN halting the processing of cases (which I must say still hasn't been announced!). Well, I saw a couple people get out yesterday and today, two of them were submitted about a week after we were. I decided I just couldn't wait any more and decided to call PGN again to see if there was any new information. I was disconnected 4 times in a row. Frustrated, I decided I would give it one more try. Well, this time I got right through to Laura and her answer to my usual question was "Congratulations, I have that you have been approved!". "Approved?! Really?! Oh my goodness, thank you!", was all I could get out. I called our agency and talked to our coordinator. She said that our attorney checks with PGN once, sometimes twice a day and that when she talked to her this morning she had not been told that we were out. So she e-mailed her this afternoon and hopefully tomorrow we will receive conformation that we are indeed OUT!! So for now I am considering us unofficially out!

In other good news, I'm going to be an auntie!! I got a call from my brother and sister-in-law last Thursday letting us know that they are expecting their first child. I am so excited for them! Ian was so ecstatic when we told him the news, the exchange went a little like this:

"Ian you are going to have a cousin!"
"Really?! Yaaaaay!!" (all in a very loud manner!)
"I know who's belly the baby is going to come out of."
"You do? Who's?"
"Auntie Amy's, 'cause babies come out of girls' bellies. If the baby comes out of Uncle Steve's belly, that would be.......wierd!"
"Yes Ian, I imagine it would be"

We have thus far avoided the "how did the baby get in there question", but I'm preparing myself for it! He was so cute about it though. He's also been cute about thinking about our getting closer to going to pick up Ana. He and my sister are going next week to get the required shots for the trip. Now when we were going to visit, he was adamant that there would be no shots for him. But in the few months since then, he has come to realize that getting the shots means getting to go to pick Ana up and he is now actually excited about getting them! He told me today he can't wait to go see Ana, and he's going to hold her and kiss her. I'm so sure he has absolutely no clue what's in store for him over the next year, but I'm glad he's so happy to meet her. So despite the anxiety and chaos these past days have brought some very good things have surfaced. I continue to keep my body parts crossed though until I know that our file is in our attorney's hot little hands! Then I'll really feel like I can breathe a little easier!

6 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am so anxious for this to be official!!!!!!!! I feel baby girl shopping in the air :-)

MACY'S HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Love Mimi

ps...so glad to see I beat Irene here hahahaha

Amanda said...

Yes! I don't think I could be more excited for you right now. I will fall asleep with my fingers crossed for you tonight!!!

Debbie said...

You'll get the confirmation tomorrow from WHFC!!!!!! I really am so happy for you guys.

beanhead said...

Sorry Mimi I had to work tonight. I am so happy. Do you know of any one else who needs a staker friend for PGN now. I do not know what I will do with my free time. Ella is already packing.

Michael and Michelle said...

Congratulations Cammie...I didn't realize I had been holding my breath every time I clicked on your blog, until this big whoosh came out this time. Hehehe! Can't wait to meet her!

Gail said...

Congratulations on the OUT and the new niece or nephew.
Gail