Thursday, January 3, 2008

Feeling Optimistic Tonight...

Well folks, things appear to be moving. More than half of the day I felt like things in the PGN were still at a complete standstill. In fact, I had actually heard rumors that cases were not being processed at all until they could be registered with the Central Authority (remember that entity I mentioned a while back? The one that needs to be developed within thirty days of the implementation of the new adoption law? The one that all in process cases were supposed to register with? Yet the one that doesn't exist?). Well it all changed late this afternoon when 5 people reported their "outs", to say I was relieved was an understatement. These past two weeks (though wonderful holiday wise) have been excruciating! When nothing is happening to move you forward in your adoption case, it's just an awful feeling! Yesterday I had been hoping to see the "outs" start coming and they didn't, and then another almost whole day of no news but lots of speculation was just about to push me over the edge. Seeing people getting out (Congrats Kathy over at Journey to Caylee!) was what I needed tonight! The people getting out were submitted the very end of October, so hopefully we are soon! We're calling tomorrow so check back for what we find out! Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

beanhead said...

I read the Journey to Caylee last night also and was very relieved. Lots of thoughts and prayers are coming your way .

Michael and Michelle said...

It is truly amazing how much time, and emotion are invested in this process. I'm so glad you decided to do this blog. It has opened our (Mike and I) eyes to how truly difficult it is to go through this process. Having said that, we can't think of another couple who could do it like you and Greg. Hold on to that optimism Cammie, we're still praying...
Love ya!

Nannie and Papa said...

Keep the faith my baby. It's going to happen.

Love you, Mum

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

FINGERS CROSSED..........Love Mimi