Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No Wonder...

I'm so darn tired!



Greg snapped a picture (cell phone, sorry for the quality!) this morning after he got up. This is how it usually is when both children join us in bed; Greg ends up with at least an entire half to himself while I share the other half with the kids (plus the one in my ever expanding belly!). You can't see in the picture, but I'm laying with my knees hanging off the side of the bed, and Milo is laying eagerly underneath them waiting for any pillows or blankets to fall off for him to claim; which he does quickly. Add that to the children who lay on TOP of the blankets, and you can get an idea of the miracle that it is that I even have a blanket covering me! Before I was pregnant, turning from side to side on a dime wasn't that big of a deal, but I'm not so graceful these days to say the least and flipping myself in such limited space is quite a bit more complicated! I've even tried sleeping on the other side of the bed, but it doesn't matter, they still find me. Not that I mind the fact that my kids like to snuggle with me, but just one night in a bed by myself these days would be glorious! Oh, and did you notice who's laying next to Ian? His old pal doggie was requested last night; and it made me smile.....

3 comments:

Parent Coordinator said...

Too cute! I love it!!!! It is amazing how they can take up so much room and be so little...

Nannie and Papa said...

What an adorable story and what a cute picture.

Some nights you need to come sleep at your mum's house and get a good night sleep before the baby comes!!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

Mike and I were just talking about our bed companions this morning. All three of the "big" kids were in the bed this morning...two were completely under the blankets at the foot of the bed, and Bekah as snuggled up against me with her head on my pillow!! We have managed to have ALL 5 children in our bed a few times...but with the likely hood of babies crawling off the bed we usually limit how long they are allowed right now!!