Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Update

Just a quick baby update. Things are going pretty well, I feel great and the baby is very active which I'm enjoying every minute of! Up until my last visit about a week ago, it was looking like the trouble we had at the beginning of the pregnancy was going to be the end of the drama but alas, this is not the story. The first thing, is that I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead of my due date. Now I've not been terribly concerned about this as I've been measuring 3 weeks ahead since my first measurement at my 20 week appointment, and just the week before that appointment, I had my ultrasound that showed the baby was measuring right on target, and the doctor said ultrasound measurement is far more accurate than her tape measure thingy any day. Anyways, after measuring too big for the third visit in a row, my doctor figured we should have another ultrasound (oh darn, twist my arm!) just to make sure things are okay. Like I said, I've not really been concerned about the measurements; that is until last week when I found out that I failed my 1 hour glucose test. Then I started to freak out a little. My 1 hour number was 157 but should be below 140. Bummer. I went in yesterday for the 3 hour test so I'm now waiting for the results. I should add that I failed my one hour with Ian as well but passed the 3 hour with him just fine, but who knows what will happen; I AM eight years older this time around! Having PCOS puts me at an increased risk for diabetes, so there's a real chance I'm heading that way. Anyways, no use in speculating right now; I should hear from the doctor tomorrow, and we'll take it from there. One day at a time, right?!

1 comment:

Michael and Michelle said...

That 3 hour test is the worst!! I did it with all of my boys, only Rebekah did I pass the one hour test with flying colors. My first, Ethan, was the one that I had gestational diabetes with. I managed to control Ethan's and all my other preganancies with diet. If your test results come back positive or even borderline, let me know and I'd be happy to help out if I can.