Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Some Days Are Just So Good!

We had a great day today. Stevie was in a great mood, he took an extra long nap that coincided with Ana's nap, and there was no toddler to baby abuse! Ana was extra cute in her antics today, and Ian came off the bus in a really good mood! He came in, did his homework with no prodding, played a little Wii, and then asked to use the computer to type (he likes to write letters and books on the computer). This was the conversation that followed:

"Mumma, can we make lots of copies of my book?"
"Sure, but what do you need them for?"
"I'm gonna sell them!"
"Oh! What will you do with the money you make from selling your books?"
"I'll keep half for our family, then I'll give the rest to charity"

Holy moly! That was not the response I was expecting! I was so pleased! Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer tomorrow is, "I'm gonna buy all the Bakugan's in the world!", but I'm going to relish in today's response. But that's not where it ended. He out of the blue asked if he could read Ana her book before bed tonight, and he remembered when it was bed time and asked again. She sat right there with him in the glider while he read her "Moo Baa La La La" by Sandra Boynton. After he was done he asked if he could rock her, and I told him he could try, thinking it wouldn't really work. I put her back in the rocker with him and she laid her little head right down on his shoulder. I nearly cried it was so sweet. I helped him to hoist her into her crib and he tucked her in, gave her her silky lovey, and a book to look at and said, "night night Ana". I am just brimming with pride tonight. Somebody remind me of this moment next time I complain that he's being a pain in my tushy!

5 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

This is too sweet and I am so proud to be his Mimi.

beanhead said...

Yes bank this moment, because you will need it I am sure. Things like that make all the other stuff in the world melt away and make in all worth while.

Nannie and Papa said...

You and Greg should be soooo proud of how you brought him up. What a wonderful little boy,

Nanee and Papa are soooo proud

Parent Coordinator said...

So sweet....what a wonderful big brother!