Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Things We Learned on our Trip...

I still don't have the pictures ready, but I thought I'd share a little of what we learned on our trip.

Any fast food restaurant south of Maryland will look at you sideways if you try and order a grilled cheese sandwich. After I don't know how many times over those 6 days trying to explain, we are half an hour from home and order at Wendy's for dinner. Our practiced explanation of a grilled cheese sandwich gets us a plain cheeseburger. When I go in to correct the order the guy tells me, "Well you should have just ordered a grilled cheese!", arrgh!!

Senior Frogs in Myrtle Beach, S.C. has bar stools in the shape of women's bums.

Ian thought Senior Frogs was very funny.

Don't borrow office supplies from anyone from South Carolina. Not that we did, but they appear to be very serious about their office supplies. In more than one store, we saw a pen, stapler and various other items that deliver an electric shock when used! The pen was at the check out desk at the aquarium and Ian tried it, poor baby!

A cardboard box will keep Ana occupied for a good long time in the car

Ana will eat a cardboard box if you give it to her in the car.

Given a long enough time, Ian will start to read the credits to his Scooby Doo movie. He can now tell you the directors name, and even worse, that his theory is that the song that plays on the title screen was made to the same rhythm of that name. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how many times he watched that movie, but I'm quite sure it was too many!

Ana's feet apparently are very interesting friends. I don't know how many times I looked back and she was having complete conversations with her feet.

Ana can say cracker, "ca ca" which was very cute the first 102 times.

Even satellite radio repeats if you listen long enough (Chicken Fried, Greg?).

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Ian's reaction to the stool at Senior Frog's was priceless. I can't wait to see the pictures of him sitting on one of the stools.

beanhead said...

I love you it. You have the makings of a book, I think.

Nannie and Papa said...

Your stories are soooo good Cammie and I really enjoy them. So happy to have you home.

love, DMum