Friday, October 24, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday

J is for John Deere

Ian received a John Deere tractor riding toy when he was 3 years old from his Nannie and Papa. I remember being worried that he was far too young for such a toy, but it was an instant hit, and he surprisingly learned very quickly how to drive it quite well! Over the past four years, it has been very well loved by not only Ian, but also by all the neighborhood boys as well. We have many fond memories of the neighborhood troop taking turns riding/chasing the tractor in loops upon loops around the house, and of Ian helping Greg "mow the lawn". It saddens me that Ian is on the brink of outgrowing this beloved toy! Just another reminder that he's growing up, sniff sniff!

Here's a picture of him on the day he received the tractor, man I miss that 3 year old face!



The seven year old face is pretty cute too though, if I do say so myself!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes, very cute indeed!

Michael and Michelle said...

Don't let Ethan see that...he'll try to find a way for it to fit in our van so he can take it home for "just a little while"! :)

Debbie said...

Yes, I agree the 7 year old face is pretty cute. Dave and I can't help but smile and laugh when we think of Ian during our Myrtle Beach trip. Has he mastered the trick Dave taught him?

Nannie and Papa said...

Sooo cute at every age. He's quite the little man now though. So grown up and helpful

Anonymous said...

I also used to drive tractor riding toy when I was kid.