Saturday, June 9, 2007

Here we go!

So here's the first post. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, just haven't really gotten down to doing it! I figured our family is spread over the globe and it would be a good way to keep people up to date as to what is going on with our family. As for the title, most of you will have heard this a time or two. Michelle (my sister for those who don't know us) has always had her own language and this particular word "polanks" has become an exclamation that means almost anything you want it to, depending on how you say it. At any rate, I've been at a complete loss for a title and this just seems to fit, we don't know exactly what it means, but it's fun to say.
Anyways, this blog is about the three of us, Greg, Cammie and Ian. We live in a small town in New Hampshire and are very happy here. Greg and I were married almost eight years ago, and we were high school sweethearts, which means we have known each other for almost 15 years, yikes!! We were married in 1999 and added our first son Ian in 2001 with the help of infertility treatments. We started trying for number 2 almost as soon as Ian was born and 5 1/2 years later are still parents to one. It has been a long difficult road of infertililty treatments, and false hopes with a devastating miscarriage thrown into the mix. All the while raising our son fielding questions about why we "only have one kid living at our house and every one we know has at least two"! I could probably have an entire blog dedicated to our experience with infertility but we have chosen to pursue another road, as we are going to adopt our second child and we are very excited. So this is the story of us from here forward. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Nanee and Papa said...

Cammie, What a great idea and so creative. Dad and I love it and are looking forward to more entries.

Love,Mum and Dad

beanhead said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! I will be checking back often so keep on blogging.
Love,
Auntie Renie

lorianne said...

Cammie....what a wonderful idea!!! I will be stopping by very often!!! miss you guys

Michael and Michelle said...

We look forward to following along as well. I have a list of blogs I check out daily, listed in my favorites, and now you are right in there with the rest!!
Love ya!

3nadeaus said...

Cammie,

What a great idea! Ian looks so grown up. It still freaks me out how much Ian and Ryan resemble one another! They are growing up way too fast.

I can relate to your sadness. I have been an emotional wreck over the graduation from FELE. We are so going to miss them. Time sure does fly.

Well, thank you for keeping us posted...hope to see you soon!

Godspeed,
The Nadeau's