Saturday, June 9, 2007

First Recital

For those of you who don't know, Ian has been taking piano lessons for a few months now. He had been asking for some time so we decided to go ahead and try it. He goes to a place called Musical Arts, and we were told they usually don't start piano lessons until age 6, but because he was so interested, we could give it a try. I'm really glad we did because he has done so well and is enjoying it so far (except for the practicing part, we're still working on making that an enoyable time for all of our sanity). He is absolutely in love with his teacher Ms. Beth (he asked her to marry him), she is so patient and just wonderful with him. Well, last night he had his first recital and we are so proud of him! He walked up to the stage all by himself, sat down and played his memorized piece flawlessly. He is getting so grown up, I can hardly stand it! As soon as Greg gets the video uploaded we'll post it as well so you can see my little pianist in action!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea!!! Even though I am not partial I can definately say Ian is a very talented little boy and a very cute granson :-)

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

XXX OOO

Love Mimi

Nanee and Papa said...

Congratulaitopns Ian. Nanee and Papa are very proud of you

Love you soooooo much

Sharon said...

Knock Knock Ian!

Hello from Colts Country! I am so proud that you are doing so well at the piano. I can hardly wait to come out and see you. When I do, will you please have a recital for me? Have you seen any of the Rootie-Toot-Toots?

I love you bunches-kisses and raspberries to you!

Love, Sharon