Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disney

Okay, I'm going to try and attempt a Disney recap. I remember thinking after the first day that I would just blog every night but, well....you see how that went. We were SO exhausted each night the only thing we could fathom is laying down as soon as we walked through the door! Anyways, it was a really fun, thoroughly exhausting vacation; and one I have vowed I will never take an almost two year old on again without modification. The first modification would absolutely be to buy the toddler their own seat. It would be an extra couple hundred dollars, but well worth the expense! Ana wasn't impressed that she didn't have her own seat and made her discontent known the entire first leg ("I seeeet, I seeet!"). We put Ian in the middle seat to make it more comfortable for Greg and myself, but that was mentally draining as well as he continually complained that Ana was "invading his space" (or hogging the window where I was sitting, Ana absolutely refused to sit with Greg on the way down) which would result in him pushing the invading body part away, followed by Ana yelling "NO" at him while pinching or hitting him. Which of course caused him to yell and get madder....you get the picture. I was so thankful when she finally fell asleep on the second leg of the trip! We planned our airline tickets so we would get to Disney around lunch time and be able to get some extra time in at the parks but by the time we got to our hotel we were so exhausted we could barely function! We stayed at Disney's Carribbean Beach Resort which was nice, but nothing that would make us want to stay there again. It is set up in several different villas named after Carribbean Islands and I have to say that when we were at the hotel we really didn't feel like we were in Disney, but rather in the Carribbean. It was a very strange feeling! Anyways, we started in Martinique, but on Monday we received a phone call wanting to know if we wanted to experience a "magical moment". Well, of course we said yes! It required us packing everything up and moving to another villa, but it was so cool for Ian because the room we were moved to was a pirate room complete with pirate ship beds and treasure chest storage!

This was our room in Martinique:


This was our new room at Trinidad South.
I think Ian was going to jump right out of his skin!

Can you spot the only drawback to this room? It's that very cool curtain at the back. Our first room had a door to the bathroom area, this one was just that curtain between Ms. Ana and the sink area (thank goodness there was still a door protecting the toilet!). I had to remove the tissue box from it's place every day because it was just a game to her to empty them, and we had to keep moving the garbage can because emptying it is a fun game too apparently!


But I'm getting ahead of myself now, I do want to make sure I show you how day one ended:


This picture was taken at about 4:30. Ana and I napped too, yet not as well as the boys. We probably clocked a whole 20 minutes to their couple hours! Ian actually didn't wake up until the next morning! We even ordered pizza into the room, set him up on the bed with a piece but he fell right back over and kept sleeping, the poor kid was so exhausted!! We did get to explore our hotel a bit and check out the beach areas and the pool, but that was about it for day one! I'll leave it there for now....more to come!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the pirate room! Cameron would have gone crazy for that too!

Cameron and Olivia are going through the same phase. "Mommy, Olivia touched me!" Are you kidding? It drives me batty sometimes too, but then I remember doing it with my brothers and I laugh :)

beanhead said...

Sounds great. I love that you guys got a magical moment. How fun is that.

Nannie and Papa said...

Great fun and wonderful memories

Debbie said...

Good to hear everyone survived the flight :-)

How exciting for Ian that he got to stay in a 'pirate' room. Arrh Matey!!!!

Kim & Dave said...

Cute pics!!!