Friday, February 27, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday is back!

M is for Miracle...

So....
I had the blood work done on Wednesday, and talked to the nurse yesterday. The level had gone up to somewhere in the 15,000's which seems to be a good result. The doctor wanted me to come in for an early ultrasound though and got me an appointment this afternoon! I was excited that we would get to know for sure whether or not there was indeed a baby in there, but pretty anxious as you can imagine. The technician put the wand on my belly, and we couldn't see much. She said, "Well, there's the gestational sac, but I'm going to have to do a transvaginal ultrasound to see things better." I said, "There's a gestational sac?! That's good news, right?" She confirmed that it was indeed a good sign, and I hurried to empty my bladder so we could continue. So she's looking around, and I'm thinking I'm seeing something, but it's pretty grainy. Then I see that flicker; if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about....I gasped and said "Oh my God, is that a heart beating?" She took a few moments to confirm, and I instantly started to panic that maybe I hadn't seen what I thought I did, and she was trying to figure out how to tell me. But, she soon said, "Yup, that's a beating heart, I was just trying to get a better picture of it." I started to cry, and blabber my life story to this poor woman, who probably thought I was crazy. She said that the heart rate is about 120 beats per minute which is good for a 6 week embryo. I'm measuring at 6 weeks and 1 day, and my due date according to the ultrasound is October 22nd. I'm still in awe, but I believe it now...I'm pregnant!

11 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am very emotional at this point....prayers answered for sure!!!

Patty Older said...

I am so excited for you. How precious is that first moment we either feel the baby or see them in the ultrasound which confirms, that yes, indeed, we child just beneath our beating heart.

beanhead said...

Oh YHIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
cry cry cry sob sob sob
laugh laugh laugh
Oh my gosh.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Cammie, I am SO excited for you and your family! Truly a miracle!!!!! Congratulations and look forward to watching yet another miracle unfold.
Karla

Debbie said...

Love FFF and especially loved seeing your photo. Congratulations on getting the good news!!!! I'll be watching your blog for regular pregnancy updates.

Michael and Michelle said...

Hooray!!! I found myself gripping the edge of my seat as I read that post...I could feel every word you said...words cannot describe how truly happy I am for you guys!!

Nannie and Papa said...

Miracles do happen. All our prayers were answered.

Love, Mum

Unknown said...

Wonderful news Cammie and Greg to add to your family. love reading your blog.
Blessings,
Cindy Nickerson

Unknown said...

Hi Cammie and Greg!
Congratulations! i love reading about your family.
Blessings,
Cindy Nickerson

Anonymous said...

Cammie And Greg, You have been in my thoughts and prayers for so long. I am so happy for you and will continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy!! You have been through so much together and now you have added another blessing. I am so over joyed at your news.
Love to you both,
Stacey Bellen

Gail said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!