Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ana's New Do

We've just returned from a trip to NY. We had a fantastic time visiting with my cousin and aunt in NY city, then headed upstate to visit my best college friend in Auburn, and our recently moved and sorely missed neighbors in Farmington. There's plenty of pictures, and I'll put those in a separate post. So why am I talking about our NY trip when I'm supposed to be talking about Ana's new hairdo?

Ana, at our old neighbor's new home, decided to give herself a haircut. She came down to Greg and said "I sorry daddy. Don't worry daddy, it will grow back." Greg sent her to me and she said, "I sorry I cut my hair mummy, I wanted it longer like Elizabeth's". We quickly went upstairs to find the scissors so we could prevent any more damage and found that she had trimmed a little bit in the hallway, a little bit on the bathroom floor, and a few really good chunks that she decided to cut directly into the toilet. I was a little sad since I had just found a website that had tons of really cute braids, and other fancy little girl's hairstyles. Mostly though, I was pretty amused! I know so many little girls who have done the same, and it struck me as humorous! Her hair doesn't like to stay in any style I put it in anyways because she is so active and constantly touching her hair so it really wasn't a big deal to me! I think Greg took it harder than I, but he's a champ. Honestly, it could have been so much worse! The hairdresser said she could save the length by tapering the front, but she really wanted to have a haircut like her friend Elizabeth, and like Mummy (how could I refuse that?!), and it's only hair! So we were off to the salon on Friday and we went for it. She let the hairdresser shampoo and cut her hair and almost fell asleep as she was working, it was so funny. I didn't have my flash with me, so the pictures leave much to be desired, but they give an idea of the experience. They took 8 inches of beautiful shiny black hair off my baby's head, and the result, I think, is positively adorable. Even daddy admits that she looks pretty darn cute with her new bob, and she absolutely adores it so there's happiness all around!
The damage:



The evidence:



Loving getting her hair shampooed



Look at that length!



The first snips



All done!



I tried to get a nice picture at home, but she was so tired, and just wouldn't stay still! It all made sense later when it was ceremoniously revealed that she had become victim to the souvenir gastro bug we brought home with us. Looking back at this picture now, I can really see in her eyes that she wasn't well. Poor thing, less than 12 hours later we were sitting in the ER waiting to be checked out for possible appendicitis. No worries though, she was just victim to the same bug that claimed every one of us at the tail end of this vacation; her body just chose to accompany the awful stomach pain with a 103 fever which is what bought us the 3am ER visit. I'll try to get another picture when she's feeling better.


3 comments:

beanhead said...

I love it. It is so cute.

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I think I might have Olivia's chopped again after seeing this!

Debbie said...

Very cute!

And I keep waiting for Lili to cute her hair, although at this point I'm beginning to think Naomi is the more likely of the two to have hair fun with the scissors.