Friday, August 22, 2008

We're Still Here!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're still kicking around even though I've neglected this blog for two weeks straight now! We've had good reason though, Greg's brother has just moved home from Alaska within the last two weeks and he's staying with us for a while with his dog Teva, and the reason he's come home is because my father-in-law just underwent open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve this past Wednesday. So things have been a little hectic, and a little stressful. The surgery went well, he seems to be right on target for his recovery thus far (he got out of the ICU this morning) so we're happy to have that part behind us and to get his rehab underway! So my apologies for the blog neglect. I will have pictures, and Favorite Photo Friday catch-ups as soon as Greg re-sets up the computer that houses all my pictures, hopefully that will be soon!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Call me again, I still can't find your # !

Michael and Michelle said...

Great to hear that Greg's dad made it out of ICU. I can't imagine how stressful that is. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers for his recovery.

Debbie said...

I'm behind on blog posts as well. Sometimes other things in life just take over.

So glad to hear Greg's dad is doing okay. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Parent Coordinator said...

Happy to hear that things are getting back to "normal." I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts.